Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

Company coverage

Theft, burst water pipes, fire damage: these kinds of events are rare, but they may jeopardise the existence of new companies. For this reason, you should think carefully about the types of risk which are particularly dangerous for your business. The good news is that you can take out insurance for most of these risks.

Business liability insurance, for example, is relevant to businesses of all industries. It applies if your company or staff cause damage to third parties. If you have a company car, you will need to take out vehicle insurance, too.

Depending on your industry, location and product range, you may need to take out additional insurance, such as electronics insurance or buildings and contents insurance. An overview is available on the website of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.

Information on the web

BMWi Checklist no. 11: What should I insure?

BMWi Overview no. 38: Tips on social welfare insurance

Contact us


Send us your questions about living and working in Germany in German or English. We will answer as soon as we can.

Write email


In our chat you can put your questions to our specialists in German or English, rapidly and without prior login.

To the chat


You can get personal advice in German and English over our hotline. We look forward to your call!

To the hotline


Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about living and working in Germany, as well as about our Web site and partners.

Read FAQs


This website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website, you agree to our use of cookies.