Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

Interns from abroad

Would you like to offer a student from abroad the opportunity to do an internship in your company or business? This is possible as long as the visa and residence requirements are met.

If the interns come from the EU or EEA, they can be employed without any further restrictions. The same labour law regulations apply here as for German interns.

Do the students come from third-countries and they travel to Germany in order to complete an internship ? Generally, a residence permit is required. With the residence permit for the purpose of doing an internship, for example, third-country nationals can be employed as interns for up to 6 months without the approval of the Federal Employment Agency (BA). Read more about the visa for a study-related Internship EU.

Information on the web

Federal Employment Agency (BA)

YouTube Twitter Hotline

This website uses cookies that are strictly necessary for the technical operation of the website and are always set. Other cookies requiring consent, to personalize content and ads and to analyse access to our website, are set only with your consent. We also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.