Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

IT professionals with practical knowledge from third countries

Do you run a business and need IT specialists? There is a special regulation for the recruitment of international IT professionals. According to this, applicants from third countries can obtain the approval of the BA for employment in the IT sector without the need for formal recognition of their qualifications in Germany (Section 6 BeschV German Employment Regulation).

Read more about the required residence permit for IT specialists with practical professional knowledge on the website for international professionals under the section "Visa".

Important to know: If the applicants from third countries have a higher education or vocational qualification in the IT sector recognised in Germany, they are subject to the residence requirements of the EU Blue Card or the visa for skilled workers.

Contact us


Send us your questions about living and working in Germany in German or English. We will answer as soon as we can.

Write email


In our chat you can put your questions to our specialists in German or English, rapidly and without prior login.

To the chat


You can get personal advice in German and English over our hotline. We look forward to your call!

To the hotline


Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about living and working in Germany, as well as about our Web site and partners.

Read FAQs


This website uses cookies that are strictly necessary for the technical operation of the website and are always set. Other cookies requiring consent, to personalize content and ads and to analyse access to our website, are set only with your consent. We also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.