Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

Third-country nationals with a visa for jobseeking

If your potential professional is in possession of a visa or residence permit for the purpose of seeking employment, he or she is entitled to perform trial work of up to ten hours per week. This allows you to get to know the applicant better during a trial workday and to assess the profile of the international professional.

If you wish to employ an international professional with a job-seeking visa and sign an employment contract with her or him, she or he can apply for a residence permit for qualified employment at the relevant Foreigners’ Authority in Germany without leaving the country first. It is important to note that the qualification of the international professional must correspond to the employment.

YouTube Twitter Hotline

This website uses cookies that are strictly necessary for the technical operation of the website and are always set. Other cookies requiring consent, to personalize content and ads and to analyse access to our website, are set only with your consent. We also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.