Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals
Show/Hide Search

Your chances:

In Germany you can expect a wide range of opportunities to study and do research. To be able to study in Germany, you need a school-leaving certificate that qualifies you for university studies (university entrance qualification). As an EU citizen you may enter and stay in Germany without a visa due to the free movement of persons. All you need for entry is a valid identity card or comparable proof of identity This is also the case if you are a citizen of Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland. Here you can find further information relevant for EU citizens.

Important information at one glance:


Do you require individual consultation? 

Information on studying in Germany: 
Find out more about prospects after studying in Germany in the Study section.

The “Study in Germany” platform provides important information on universities, study programmes and life during studies in Germany.  

YouTube Twitter
YouTube Twitter Hotline