Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

Attending first language courses

You can use the database of Study in Germany to find a suitable course of study or the right higher education institution.

There are two ways to apply for a place at university: At many universities, you can apply via Uni-Assist e.V.. The Uni-Assist website will tell you which universities are included. If your preferred university is not covered by Uni-Assist, you can apply to it directly.

Tip: It is also possible to complete a dual study programme (duales Studium). This is a way for you to gain work experience in Germany and combine it with theoretical education at the same time. You will find more information on this subject at Study in Germany. If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA, you will also need to apply for a visa for studying.

Contact us


Send us your questions about living and working in Germany in German or English. We will answer as soon as we can.

Write email


In our chat you can put your questions to our specialists in German or English, rapidly and without prior login.

To the chat


You can get personal advice in German and English over our hotline. We look forward to your call!

To the hotline


Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about living and working in Germany, as well as about our Web site and partners.

Read FAQs


This website uses cookies that are strictly necessary for the technical operation of the website and are always set. Other cookies requiring consent, to personalize content and ads and to analyse access to our website, are set only with your consent. We also share information about your use of our website with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.