Your chances:

Congratulations! With a German university degree, you have a good chance of working and living in Germany.

Tip: Start your job search now and find a suitable job offer on the "Make it in Germany" job listings.


Have you left Germany after completing your university studies and are now living abroad? 

As soon as you have a binding job offer, you may apply for a work visa for qualified professionals at the responsible German embassy in your country. Under certain conditions, you may be granted the EU Blue Card.

If you have not yet found a job, you may also enter Germany to look for employment. For more information visit the Visa for jobseekers section.

The following information might help you with your visa application:


You are soon to complete your university studies in Germany and would subsequently like to work here?

As soon as you have completed your university studies in Germany, you may choose an occupation matching the profession you have learned. If you are able to present a binding job offer, you may apply for a residence permit for the purpose of qualified employment. Find out about the requirements for such residence permit in the work visa for qualified professionals section, or the EU Blue Card section.

After successfully completing your studies, you may stay in Germany for 18 months to find suitable employment. Find out which requirements you must meet and what further options you have after completing your studies, in the Prospects after your graduation section.

Information: Special regulations apply to citizens of Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia regarding the access to the German labour market. 

Do you have any questions?

Let us advise you on your opportunities to work and live in Germany. Our experts will support you with questions regarding job search, visa, recognition and learning German. 

You can find out more about the various contact options by clicking on one of the icons in the top bar.

Smiling young woman working on her laptop at work
Skyline of Hamburg