The actual task of recruiting abroad can be made easier by first of all selecting the target countries which are most relevant to your business. It is also important to take into account the recruitment channels and ways of addressing applicants specific to those countries. Other questions you should take into consideration are:
- Do we already have contacts in that country?
- What is the current labour market situation there?
- Are the qualifications there recognised in Germany, or are they comparable?
- Do qualified professionals from that country need a residence permit to work in Germany?
- Is it strategically meaningful for your company to develop or expand networks in that country?
KOFA, the centre of excellence for securing a supply of qualified professionals, tells you more about selecting countries and provides detailed information about recruiting from abroad.
Tip: Do you already have foreign employees in your company? They might possibly be of help in the search for staff, for example by using their contacts or their knowledge of the labour market there.
Federal Employment Agency (BA)