Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals
Show/Hide Search

Interns from abroad

Would you like to offer a student from abroad the opportunity to do an internship in your company or business? This is feasible as long as the visa and residence requirements are met.

If the intern comes from the EU or EEA, they can be employed without any further restrictions. The same labour law regulations apply for German interns.

Does the student come from a third-country and they travel to Germany in order to complete an internship? Generally, a residence permit is required. With the residence permit for the purpose of doing an internship, for example, third-country nationals can be employed as interns for up to 6 months without the approval of the Federal Employment Agency (BA). Read more about the visa for a study-related internship EU.

Information on the web

Federal Employment Agency (BA)

YouTube Twitter
YouTube Twitter Hotline