Download the English version of the welcome folder free of charge.
Your new employee has successfully joined your company? Now you are faced with the challenge of integrating the new qualified professional into the company. Both colleagues and management should establish a welcoming culture and actively help the new qualified professional to settle into their new everyday working life.
Welcome folders are a symbol of a genuine welcoming culture in your company. They help the new qualified professional in finding their way around their new home and provide information about the company, the first steps to be taken as well as about the life in the surrounding region.
With a welcome folder, you are not only expressing your concern for the personal well-being of your new qualified professional, but also easing some of his or her concerns when arriving in what is often still a foreign country. The welcome folder can also strengthen the bond between the new qualified professional and your company.
"Make it in Germany" provides you with a precast, customisable welcome folder with useful and verified information for a successful start for the new qualified professional in Germany. You can download the welcome folder as a PDF in German and English free of charge.
What does the welcome folder include?
- Useful facts about the company and everyday working life (filled out by the company)
- Information about life in Germany and the region, e.g. finding accommodation, mobility, child care, cultural and leisure activities, restaurants and language classes
- Important information about the first steps in Germany, e.g. dealing with authorities, insurances, medical care, banks, taxes and the social security system
- Important and useful contact information and advice centres
- A glossary with explanations of important terms
You can also add specific details about the company and the region to the welcome folder. This could be information on public transport, addresses of local authorities or suggestions for leisure activities in the area.