On many online platforms, you can choose content depending on what you want to study and what level you're at. The Goethe-Institut offers free ways to test your German skills. Why don't you take an interactive journey through Germany or test your knowledge of everyday German, for example? A few tips are available here:
- Vocabulary trainer: Even when you're on the road, you can use the Vocabulary trainer Application to expand your vocabulary or participate in one of the adventure games.
- Community: Alternatively, you can register for free with the "Deutsch für dich" community. Here, you can play interactive learning games and chat to experts or other users.
- Multimedia blog: On the "Mein Weg nach Deutschland" Internet portal you can use photos, films, games and exercises to practise your German, discuss interesting topics with other learners of German and meet other people in the "Treffpunkt" category.
- German at the workplace: The wide range of free online tasks and exercises on the platform allow you to improve your knowledge of the language and customs at the workplace in Germany.
- Arabterm: The online dictionary Arabterm provides a sypnosis of terms used in technical fields in four languages: German, English, French and Arabic. Use the tool to learn basic technical terms especially those from the electrical, renewable energy and automotive engineering.
On the Deutsche Welle website, you can find out what's new in Germany and the world. In addition, many other activities, some of which are interactive, will let you practise and expand your German, depending on your level.
- Placement test: Once you have registered free of charge, you can take the Einstufungstest to find out what your current level is and expand on it using exercises that are tailored to your requirements.
- Audio trainer: With the Audiotrainer you can learn new vocabulary and improve your pronunciation.
- Telenovela: The telenovela „Jojo sucht das Glück" includes interactive exercises aimed at improving your grammar and colloquial language skills. In addition, you'll find out interesting facts about Germany and its people.
A more detailed overview of the various multi-media learning activities offered by Deutsche Welle is available here. The site is available in 30 different languages.
You speak English but you're unsure about your German skills? No problem! The BBC has an English-language site which provides information and tips for learning German.
- English-language placement test: The placement test will give you an idea of your current German skills.
- Phrases: An audiovisual list of German key terms and everyday phrases will help you master your first couple of steps as you embark on life in Germany.
- Videos: The BBC videos on the German language are equally entertaining.