Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

Apprentices from abroad

Do you have a vacant apprenticeship post and can’t find anyone to fill it? Germany’s Dual vocational training system is highly respected abroad and interest from young people there – especially those from EU states – in taking a dual training course is keen as a result. You could recruit some yourself – and offer them the prospect of a career in Germany. You can find out how by consulting the website of KOFA, the centre of excellence for securing a supply of qualified professionals.

The program "Passgenaue Besetzung" supports small and medium-sized enterprises in recruiting and integrating young trainees. More information about the program can be found on the website

Information on the internet

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy 

Information on the program “Passgenaue Besetzung” (German)

Federal Employment Agency (BA)

Information on admission to the labour market (German, English)

Migration Check: find out whether your applicant requires a work permit (German)

    Load more links


    Send us your questions about living and working in Germany in German or English. We will answer as soon as we can.

    Write email


    In our chat you can put your questions to our specialists in German or English, rapidly and without prior login.

    To the chat


    You can get personal advice in German and English over our hotline. We look forward to your call!

    To the Hotline


    Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about living and working in Germany, as well as about our Web site and partners.

    Read FAQs


    This website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website, you agree to our use of cookies.