As a skilled worker in IT, your skills are highly demanded in Germany. An option to consider is a residence permit in accordance with Section 19c (2) on the Residence Act - AufenthG in conjunction with Section 6 BeschV (Ordinance on the Employment of Foreigners) to obtain qualified employment in Germany, regardless of the degree that you hold.
To find out whether you require a visa to enter Germany, see Who Needs a Visa?
What are the requirements to receive a work visa for IT specialists with significant work experience?
- You have been offered a job in the IT sector in Germany.
- You are able to provide proof of at least three years of experience in IT over the last seven years. Your professional experience adequately qualifies you for the job you would like to pursue.
- You are able to provide proof of the relevant theoretical knowledge required for the job in question in the form of training courses and exams.
- Your potential position in Germany is remunerated with a gross annual salary of at least €52,560 (as of 2023).
- Your German language skills are at a minimum level of B1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). In individual cases, you do not have to provide proof of German language skills, if the language spoken at work is not German.