Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

Visa application forms

For your visa application you need an application form. Fill out the form and submit it with the required documents to the competent German Embassy.

The suitable application form can be found here:

Fees for visas and temporary and permanent residence permits

If you wish to apply for a visa or a temporary or permanent residence permit, you will usually have to pay a fee. The amount depends on the place, duration and purpose of your stay. 

The fee for visa of any category is 75 euros. As a general rule, you can pay this to the German mission abroad in your local currency.The maximum fee for a first application for a residence permit and EU Blue Card is 100 euros. The fee for a settlement permit is 147 euros.

However, under certain circumstances you can get a reduction or even be exempted from the fee altogether. For example, the spouses and children of German nationals are exempt from visa fees. Also, if your stay in Germany is funded by a public scholarship, you do not have to pay any visa fees. You can find out more about this from the German mission abroad in your country (visa fees) or your local foreign nationals' registration authority (fees for temporary or permanent residence permits). The Federal Foreign Office also provides a list of visa fees.

Contact us


Send us your questions about living and working in Germany in German or English. We will answer as soon as we can.

Write email


In our chat you can put your questions to our specialists in German or English, rapidly and without prior login.

To the chat


You can get personal advice in German and English over our hotline. We look forward to your call!

To the hotline


Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about living and working in Germany, as well as about our Web site and partners.

Read FAQs


This website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website, you agree to our use of cookies.