Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals

International staff exchanges / ICT Card

Is yours an internationally operating company and you wish to employ a staff member from abroad in Germany? Like many other countries, Germany has preferential regulations for recruitment with a corporate group. For example, employment of up to three years can be agreed without any need for testing to see whether there are job applicants with preferential rights. You can find out what the procedure is and which documents your company needs to submit from the information booklet for employers published by the Federal Employment Agency, entitled “Internationaler Personalaustausch und Auslandsprojekte” (International staff exchanges and projects abroad), or contact the responsible agency directly.

Do you intend to transfer qualified professionals, specialists or trainees within the company? Then you can make use of the ICT Card. Here you will find more information on the ICT Card.

Both international staff exchanges and ICT Card require the approval from the Federal Employment Agency. You will find the competent contact on the webpage of the Federal Employment Agency (BA).

Information on the internet

Federal Employment Agency (BA)

Information on admission to the labour market (German, English)

Migration Check: find out whether your applicant requires a work permit (German)


    Send us your questions about living and working in Germany in German or English. We will answer as soon as we can.

    Write email


    In our chat you can put your questions to our specialists in German or English, rapidly and without prior login.

    To the chat


    You can get personal advice in German and English over our hotline. We look forward to your call!

    To the Hotline


    Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions about living and working in Germany, as well as about our Web site and partners.

    Read FAQs


    This website uses cookies. By continuing to browse the website, you agree to our use of cookies.