Working in Germany: the official website
for qualified professionals
Show/Hide Search

Your chances:

Congratulations! With a university degree and a binding job offer, you have a good chance of working and living in Germany.

You may apply for a work visa for qualified professionals at the responsible German embassy in your country; or under certain conditions, for the EU Blue Card.

Please consider: When applying for a visa that allows you to work as a qualified professional in Germany, you must have proof, that your foreign university degree is recognised or comparable to a German university degree. You may want to inform yourself about the procedure and possibilities before applying for the visa. Find out more in the Recognition section.

The following information might help you with your visa application:

Tip: In order to shorten your immigration process, your future employer may pay to launch an fast-track procedure for skilled workers. You may want to inform him or her about the possibility.


Do you require individual consultation? 

There are various ways to contact us:

Information:Special regulations apply to citizens of Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia regarding the access to the German labour market. 

YouTube Twitter
YouTube Twitter Hotline