Company size: Between 501 and 5.000
The Helmholtz Institute Jena (HI Jena) is a joint institution of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena and the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research GmbH in Darmstadt. The institute is mainly focused on applied and fundamental research at the borderline of strong-field physics, relativistic light–matter interactions, fundamental quantum processes and quantum imaging.
In the Theoretical Atomic Physics group of the institute, we are seeking to fill the position of
Senior Scientist / Researcher (all genders) – Tenure Track
in Quantum many-body theory: Applications to intense fields
and quantum engineering
Posting ID: 22.02-4206
The work at the Helmholtz Institute Jena will focus on
- development of an active research program in the physics of light–matter interactions with application towards multiply-charged ions, strong-field processes, quantum scattering, plasma astrophysics, imaging and/or quantum control, and in line with on-going experi-ments;
- setting up and operation of medium-to-large-scale computations to implement and make use of powerful (many-body) formalisms;
- coordination of group activities and supervision of M.Sc. and PhD students;
- managing cooperations with researchers on the national and international level, and espe-cially also with experimental groups within and outside the institute.
We are looking for an ambitious scientist with a PhD in physics and
- at least three years of work experience as a PostDoc, preferably with a completed or almost completed habilitation, or equivalent;
- experience in applying quantum (many-body) theory and in providing valuable predictions for on-going experiments;
- experience in using modern programming languages and in maintaining computer clusters of various sizes;
- established contacts to (experimental) groups in Europe and elsewhere;
- experience in applying for grants and third-party funding;
- excellent communication skills in the English language;
- who is a good team player and wants to become an active part of an existing research group.
a fixed-term tenure track position with the salary and benefits based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund) effective at GSI, with the option for permanent employment upon successful evaluation after 3 years.
GSI promotes the professional development of women and therefore expressly welcomes applications from women.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Information about the Helmholtz Institute Jena, FAIR and GSI is available at www.hi-jena.de, www.gsi.de and www.fair-center.eu.
For any questions please contact Prof. Dr. Stephan Fritzsche (email@example.com),
Phone: +49 3641 947606.
Please send your application together with the usual documents, stating the Posting-ID 22.02-4206, until 11th March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to:
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Questions and applications to: GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Contact person: Ms. Jannette Breitwieser
Attach: Geforderte Anlagen: Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse
Our job advertisements are always directed at all people capable of working, regardless of age, gender, origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion and ideology, etc. Applicants are exclusively selected based on their qualifications. Errors in the given information and spelling reserved.Back to the overview of open job listings